Wednesday, 24 October 2012

My Most Worn Blushers

Out of everything, blusher is the product that I love buying the most. It’s so easy to browse the store in search of a new blusher with no worry of it being the wrong colour match or not doing what it claims to do. I just love it when I come across a new gorgeous shade or formula, and, I have to admit, I am quite the sucker for pretty packaging. I used to opt for the standard pinky shades however recently I’ve been reaching for more coral/orangey tones. I really enjoy wearing them just above the contour line and slightly further back on the cheeks rather than on the apples as I find it suits my round face shape better.

I love trying new blushers and am always on the look-out for new ones that catch my eye but here are the ones I currently wear the most:


Sleek ‘Nude Collection’ Blush- Suede. My absolute go-to favourite. It’s a matte peach shade, well pigmented and lasts on the skin. If I’m uncertain what to wear that day I will always go to this blusher; it’s so easy to wear and adds a healthy glow to the face.

e.l.f. – Shopping Spree from ‘beauty-on-the-go’ palette. The blush from this palette is a true peach shade with gold shimmer. I absolutely love it but I just wish they sold it individually so I could stock up as I’m nearly all out. Unlike the other e.l.f. blusher, this one is really well pigmented and lasts on the skin all day.
Sleek ‘Blush By 3’ palette. Perhaps cheating with this choice but my most used one is the orange shade ‘Crochet’. The colours look a little scary at first, and they are amazingly pigmented, however by using a light hand when applying you can achieve a more subtle look with the shades or layer to build the intensity of colour.

Benefit- Coralista. This is a shimmery coral-pink shade. The shimmer does transfer on to the skin and therefore probably works best worn on the tops of cheekbones. Whilst it can be worn as a blusher it’s more of a highlighter than a pop of colour. The product has good staying power on the skin.
e.l.f. - Peachy Keen. This is a peach shade with gold shimmer. Although it looks pretty on the skin it’s not highly pigmented or even very buildable meaning quite a lot of product is needed for the colour to really show. Unfortunately, because of this it doesn’t have great staying power on the skin but it’s still one I reach for quite often.
From left- Sleek Suede, e.l.f. Shopping Spree, Sleek Crochet,
Benefit Coralista, e.l.f. Peachy Keen.

Although I’m quite content with the blushers I’m using at the moment, I’m always on the hunt for more. I currently want to get my hands on the Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour in Peach Whisper; a shopping trip is needed very soon.
K






No comments: