Thursday, 25 October 2012

Review: Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer

When it comes to concealer I’ve tried many different products. I have naturally very dark circles under my eyes and no matter how much sleep I get or how much water I drink, they will not budge (very annoying!). As it seems there’s nothing I can do to get rid of them completely, I like to conceal them as much as I can. I’ve tried a range of products, from high-street to high-end and as it’s the one product I wouldn’t leave the house without wearing, I don’t mind spending a little more. Before I tried the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer I would swear by the Bobby Brown Creamy Corrector; this is fab for concealing dark circles but I just found it too heavy and if I had no other make-up on my face it would be overly noticeable that I was wearing something under my eyes.  
So on to the review. After such hype about the Collection concealer in the beauty-world I obviously had to give it a go, and it’s the best I’ve tried so far. It does an amazing job of concealing dark circles as well as blemishes and is very long lasting. I couldn’t believe I had been spending out on the Bobby Brown concealer when this perfect product was waiting for me in my local Superdrug for around only £4!
Why do I love it so much? It’s of a fairly thick consistency, not too much so that it ever looks cakey but just enough so that it covers my dark circles really well, it lasts all day (they promote it as 16 hour wear) and it has a doe foot applicator for easy and quick application. Since discovering this product I must have re-purchased about 5 times and I have a couple of shades on-the-go for those days when I’m more tanned. For me, to get the best coverage under my eyes I apply a small amount straight to the skin using the applicator, then, using a small concealer brush I blend it in. Don’t forget to apply a small amount to the eye lids and inner corners of the eyes where darkness and veins are often visible. Finish with a touch of powder to set the concealer and you’re ready to face the world. I definitely recommend trying out this concealer, it works really well for blemishes too, but if you do find it’s not right for you (I can almost guarantee you’ll love it) at least you didn’t break the bank with this one.

K

2 comments:

Laura said...

helloooo!
i've just found your blog and i love it! i've started following of course.
i've never used the concealer even though everybody talks about it, i really do need to give it a go!
i'm new to blogging too :)
i've been doing it a couple of months now but please pop over and say hi as i'd love to speak to someone in the same boat, plus you seem so lovely.
hope to hear from you soon,
laura x
http://ilikecrayonsxo.blogspot.co.uk/

Katie said...

Hello! What a lovely comment thanks so much :)
Yeah, I honestly love this concealer so much! I can't believe the price of it hehe such a barg - let me know if you try it and what you think.
I'll definitely be checking out your blog :) x