Tuesday, 23 October 2012

Review: Lancôme Hypnose Drama Mascara

The Lancôme Hypnose Drama is my all-time favourite mascara. Before discovering this little gem I had tried many others, mainly drugstore, but had never found one I liked enough to repurchase. I still do of course, on occasion, give in to a new ‘must-have’ product but nothing has come close to the length and volume I can achieve with the Hypnose Drama. I find myself disappointed with the end result of other mascaras and revert back to my love for Lancôme every time.
The wand is curved and the bristles are fairly thick creating fantastic length and volume to the lashes. The brush collects a suitable amount of product, allowing you to work with it to create your desired effect. It’s possible to create a subtle look with this mascara but it’s definitely a great one for layering and creating more of a dramatic effect.
Others have claimed the mascara is too difficult to work with and as the brush does collect quite a substantial amount of product it’s possible for lashes to become slightly clumped together; however, after a few applications it’s easy to find the technique that suits you. I also find that when the product has been used a few times, the formula becomes easier to work with.
At £15.50 it’s not the cheapest on the market but certainly not the most expensive and worth every penny if you’re after longer, fuller looking lashes. A cheaper alternative is the Maybelline ‘The Falsies Volume Express’ in Black Drama mascara which has a very similar shaped wand and works well for adding volume to the lashes.

K

1 comment:

Helen said...

I had been looking for a new high end mascara recenlty and i have read quite a few good things about this, think i may give it ago :) im liking your blog! new follower! :D xx