Thursday, 22 November 2012

Beauty Haul

I went to London on Tuesday and picked up a few beauty products which I’ve done my research on and have wanted to try for a while now; some of these items were on my ‘Wish List’ post I did a few weeks ago.
The only thing I wasn’t able to get that I would've liked was the Clarins ‘Liquid Bronze Face Tanner’ as unfortunately they didn’t have any in stock. I also went to the Nars counter to have a look at the Laguna bronzer as it’s so popular and thought I’d love it. However, when I swatched it the product was hardly noticeable on my skin and it was quite shimmery which I don’t really like in a bronzer so I was a bit disappointed with that one and glad I didn’t purchase it without testing.

Ted Baker Make-up/Wash Bag £25:

The wash bags really caught my eye when I was looking on the Ted Baker website as they’re so pretty and I couldn’t resist getting this one when I saw it in John Lewis. I think I’ll use it to carry my on-the-go make-up as my everyday make-up is in a different storage set-up. They would make such a lovely Christmas present too.
Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream £25:


I’m so happy to finally have this. It’s such a cult beauty product that I had to see what the hype was about. It sounds as if it can be used for pretty much anything so I’m looking forward to trying it properly.

O.P.I Nail Varnish in ‘You Only Live Twice’ £11:


This is the first O.P.I varnish I’ve had as I’ve always been a little put off by the price. However, this colour just looked too pretty not to buy and it’s perfect for the festive season. The picture doesn’t do it much justice though; it’s a shimmery pinky/red with gold glitters running through. I usually prefer chunky glitter polishes, if I’m going for a glitter one, but I think this is gorgeous and can’t wait to wear it.

Laura Mercier Blush ‘Lush Nectarine’ £20.50:

This is a pretty peach blush with a tiny bit of gold shimmer in. It’s a nice product but for the amount you get it’s quite expensive.

Origins Super Spot Remover £13:

This is another product which I’ve heard a lot of good things about so I’m hoping it’ll live up to expectations. I haven’t tried anything from Origins before but it’s definitely a brand I’m interested in.
K

3 comments:

Sam said...

I picked up a sample of the Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream the other day and I am completely sold!

Although I was a little scared to, I've been using it as a night cream and the effects have been amazing, I'm going to do a review on it this week... how are you getting on with it?

Great blog btw, now following :)

www.SamuelJamesMorris.com

ines de castro said...

I love it, can you take a look at my blog and maybe follow me? i follow back everyone.
Kiss**

http://modelsontherunway.blogspot.com/
and here's my page on facebook (about fashion and more): https://www.facebook.com/ModelsontheRunway
Would mean a lot if you like it!!

Lea said...

Love the Ted Baker wash bag, I'm loving their bags at the moment :)

Lea x

It's Such A Wonderful Life -
http://shebeginstosee.blogspot.com

Why not check out my Christmas Yankee Candle giveaway? It's the last day!