Tuesday, 6 November 2012

Sleek MakeUp Collection


Sleek is quickly becoming one of my favourite high-street brands. My collection is only small at the moment but I’m definitely keen to try more of their products as I really enjoy using the ones I have. The quality of their products is fantastic especially at such an affordable price. They have a great range of products and a particularly impressive selection of eye shadow palettes to choose from which are often difficult to find in high-street brands. The contour kit, although I’ve resisted purchasing myself, has also received a lot of praise in the beauty blogging world and again I think it’s rare to find really good matte contour shades from lower end brands. Another thing I love about Sleek is the packaging; it’s matte black, subtle and sophisticated, however the matte texture does mean the dirt shows a little easier.
 
i-Divine ‘Au Naturel’ 601 Palette- £7.99


This is now my go-to smoky eye palette for when I’m going out in the evening. It’s also fab for creating subtle definition to the eyes or for just a wash of colour all over the lid. It has a combination of matte and shimmery shades which all work together really well. They’re nicely pigmented and last all evening on the eyes- I haven’t worn them for a whole day so unfortunately can’t comment on how long-wearing they are throughout the day.

Blush By 3 ‘Lace’ 367 Palette- £10


These colours definitely scared me when I first set eyes on them but I’ve now realised how amazing they are. They’re extremely pigmented so a light hand is a must when applying these but you can build the colour up to your desired intensity. The shades are so pretty and you get a generous amount for the price. They have four other ‘Blush By 3’ palettes to choose from but I’m not too keen on the other colours.

Face Form Contouring & Blush Palette ‘Light’ 373- £10

This is a new product for me but I really like it so far. They have a range of four ‘Face Form’ palettes ranging from fair to dark and each one is tailored to suit specific skin tones. I decided to go for light as it appealed to me most; it includes a matte contour shade, highlighter and Rose Gold blusher.
Nude Collection Blush ‘Suede’- £4.49
 

If you’ve read my ‘most-used blushers’ post you’ll know that this is one of my favourites. The colour is so easy to wear and it’s my absolute go-to if I’m in a rush and need some colour. It’s the perfect peachy/browny shade and I just love it.

Pout Polish Tinted Lip Conditioner ‘Peach Perfection’ 964- £4.49

This is a lovely little product and I think the packaging was half the reason I wanted to buy it- it’s so cute. It smells yummy and is really nourishing on the lips, it also has SPF15 which is great for protection all year round. It looks quite a bright peachy/pink colour in the pot but gives a nice peachy, nude shine when applied.
True Colour Lipstick ‘Mulberry’ 788- £4.99
 


This is also a new purchase and one I’m not brave enough to wear out the house yet. I personally love dark, vampy colours for this season and really wanted to try a dark lip colour. The formulation is gorgeous and glossy and the colour is a dark plum shade. I’m hoping I can wear it as more of a stain as I don’t think I’ll dare wear it otherwise- can’t let it go to waste!

You can purchase all their products from their website -
www.sleekmakeup.com which is really handy as my local Superdrug doesn’t stock many; delivery was also really quick which is always good.

Have you tried any Sleek products and would you recommend any that I haven’t tried?

K


2 comments:

mel said...

I love Sleek products, their palettes and blushers are amazing ! x

Missy Neveradullmoment said...

I have heard so many amazing things about sleek beauty, i have yet to buy anything, i will let you know how i get on with it x

Missy
http://www.nadmnewgirlinthecity.com/