Wednesday, 2 January 2013

Christmas Goodies ♥

I hope everyone had a magical Christmas and a very happy new year. I can’t quite believe it’s January already! I thought I’d do a little post on some of my favourite beauty gifts I received this Christmas.

 
 
 
 

I was completely out of perfume so I was really pleased to receive four gorgeous ones at Christmas. My absolute favourite is Alien by Thierry Mugler but Hot Couture by Givenchy and Britney Spears Fantasy smell delicious too. Eternity Moment is one I hadn’t tried before and it’s quite nice but I’m definitely one for sweet and woody scents. I also got Soap & Glory Glam-A-Lot body spray which smells so yummy and is perfect for popping in your handbag.


As a lover of fake tan I was really excited to get the Clarins Liquid Bronze Self-Tanning as I’d been wanting to try it for quite a while. I’ve used it a couple of times and I really like it. It’s fairly gradual; after the first application you’ll be left with just a lovely glow and not too much colour but it is definitely buildable with more applications. I’ve been applying mine to the face and neck with a cotton pad as it suggests but I might try using my fingers next time as it can be a little difficult to know where you’ve applied it when using a cotton pad. It doesn’t have a fake tan smell at all, dries really quickly and hasn’t broken me out or irritated my skin so I think it’s a great product overall.

Another product I was really excited to receive is the Origins GinZing eye cream. If you’ve read some of my previous posts you’ll know I suffer with pesky dark circles under my eyes that won’t budge no matter how much sleep I get. I’m often on the search for a new wondrous eye cream and so far I’m really enjoying using this one. It’s a pinky colour with tiny shimmer particles in which reflect the light and give an instant brightening effect under the eyes. The consistency is fairly thick, smooth to apply and you only need the smallest amount so it’s a reasonable amount of product for the price.


The Lancôme Hypnose Drama is my absolute all-time favourite mascara and I can’t rave about it enough – I love it.

This is one of my favourite products to use on my hair. It smells amazing and helps to detangle your hair when it’s wet, protect it all day and leave it perfectly conditioned.


I’ve heard a lot of great things about the Soap & Glory exfoliating scrubs so I couldn’t wait to try this. It’s full of lots of lovely oils and smells really yummy. The texture is made up of fine grains and larger ones which I personally prefer as it feels like it’s actually exfoliating. Overall it does a good job of leaving the skin feeling soft and silky smooth.

K

4 comments:

Abbie Rose said...

Hey Katie

I've given your blog a follow, I'd love it if you'd follow mine too!

www.abbroseee.blogspot.com

x

Ashley said...

Lovely lot of things you got! I love the Soap & Glory scrub. Their products are the cutest. xx

bethwaldron said...

is the clains self tan any good ? I'm desperate to find a decent one! xx

http://beinglittleb.blogspot.co.uk/

Katie said...

Yeah I really like it, it doesn't give a dark colour but more of a healthy glow :) x