Friday, 18 January 2013

Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour ‘Lush Nectarine’


I purchased this blusher a couple of months ago after lusting after it for quite some time. I don’t own any other Laura Mercier products but I’ve always been interested in trying some, especially their blushers and oh-so-popular tinted moisturiser. On a day to day basis I find myself reaching for peachy/coral toned blushers as I feel they suit my skin tone better so ‘Lush Nectarine’ looked like the perfect addition to my collection.


It’s a really pretty peach shade with subtle gold shimmers which aren’t too noticeable on the skin. The product applies nicely however I didn’t find it to be as pigmented as some other blushers I own and had to build it up for the colour to really show. This is quite disappointing as at £20.50 they’re quite pricey, especially for the minimal amount of product you get. Having said that, it is really long wearing and they have a nice colour range available.
Although I wasn't too impressed with the colour pay-off of the blush, it's still one that I use all the time as it's the perfect peach. The colours in the spring collection look really gorgeous too, especially the nail varnish and lip gloss, so I’ll definitely be trying out some more products in the future.


K

4 comments:

Emily Barnes said...

This looks like a lovely little blusher :) i love laura mercier at the moment but i am trying not to spend any more money. Student tight on a budget haha :(

Love Emily xx

http://love-x-beauty.blogspot.co.uk/

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Natalia said...

I wanted to try Laura Mercier for ages x

Char_Beyy said...

Gorgeous products! I so want to try them :)

love char_beyy xxx

http://charbeyy.blogspot.co.uk/