Thursday, 31 January 2013

Liebster Blog Award

I was nominated by the gorgeous Natalie, one of my best friends and writer of The Blonde Ethos, for the Liebster Blog Award which is a lovely little idea to gain recognition for blogs with 200 followers or less. I think it’s a fantastic way to show support and share your favourite reads!
Here are 11 random facts about myself and my answers to Natalie’s questions:

- I study at the University of Hertfordshire
- I’m engaged to my lovely man who I’ve been with for over 7 years
- I don’t drink tea or coffee
- I have two Jack Russell’s
- I’ve been on a hot air balloon ride in New Mexico
- I love animals; Orangutans are my favourite
- I’m awful at getting my hair cut
- I write for a local magazine
- I have a sister
- We’ve lived in 3 different houses on the same estate (my parents clearly like it)
- I'd love to learn how to play the Piano

+ What is your top beauty tip?
Sometimes the simplest products/ routine works the best. Personally, I wouldn’t overload my skin with countless (or harsh) products every day or constantly swap & change up skincare as this would irritate it.


+ What are your top three beauty/skincare brands and why?                                     
Collection- simply for the ‘Lasting Perfection’ concealer which is the best I’ve ever tried; I’m not sure what I’d do if they ever discontinued it.
Sleek- All of their products are so highly pigmented yet still affordable.
Origins- I’ve only recently tried some skincare products from Origins but they’ve quickly become some of my favourites. I love that their products are of high quality and that they pride themselves on using lovely natural, organic ingredients. I can’t wait to try the other products I’ve currently got my eye on.

+ What is your favourite way to keep fit or your top fitness tip?
Eek, this is difficult as I’ve never enjoyed doing set/regular exercise. Recently I’ve been using our rowing machine at home and in the summer going for walks.

+ What would you consider to be an underrated beauty brand?
Not really a beauty brand but Savlon does an amazing job at clearing up my breakouts…I would not use this everyday but as an occasional overnight treatment for those large pesky blemishes it works well.

+ What are your top 5 wardrobe fashion essentials?
Jeggings, black & white long basic tops, chunky knit, boots & LBD for evenings.

+ What is your favourite holiday destination and why?
Probably Cyprus purely for how amazingly hot it was and the incredible tan I got. Other than that, I absolutely loved Milan for the luxurious boutiques, beautiful buildings and delicious food…I definitely want to visit more of Italy.

+ What is your favourite naughty treat?
Galaxy chocolate! Or crisps and cheese & chive dip…yum.

+ Which magazines do you most enjoy reading?
Glamour, Cosmopolitan & More.

+ Describe what you'd do on a typical day.
Get up around 6am, get ready & drive to Uni, go to lectures/seminars and do any other bits I need to whilst I’m at Uni, come home and do any reading/work/blogging then spend the evening with my man.

+ If you could put any beauty product into Room 101, what would it be?
Highlighter. I like the idea of it but it never seems to look right on me and as I already have oily skin I’m a bit scared of adding any more shine to my face.

+ What is your favourite way to spend time with your girl friends?
Lovely cosy pub lunch/dinner so we can spend the whole time chatting.

I nominate (I've picked the blogs which I genuinely enjoy reading- sorry it's not 11)
Katie:
katielovess
Lucie: lippylucie
Rachel: lostinlipstick
Jill: alittlesoapbox
Ella: abeautifultask
Missy: nadmnewgirlinthecity
Kaushal: beauty-fulfilled

Here are my questions for them:
Name one makeup product you couldn’t leave the house without wearing.
What is your favourite fragrance?
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
What do you love about blogging?
Name your favourite beauty/skincare/hair care brand and say why.
What’s your favourite animal?
What has been your most disappointing beauty buy (not worth the hype)?
What would be your dream job?
What are your wardrobe staples?
What do you like to do in your spare time?
What are your proudest moments?

Remember to include 11 random facts about yourself, answer my 11 questions, nominate your own 11 blogs and link back to the blogger that nominated you. Add a link to your post in the comments below and I look forward to reading them!

K

5 comments:

Lanie B said...

Congratulations! Great post :)

Natalie said...

Yaaayyy :) I love reading your answer honey. I think we should book a trip to Italy ^.^
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Olivia said...

lovely blog, would you be able to take a second to check out mine? thank you


okfashionbeauty
xo

Kate Rose Blair said...

Congratulations! I've posted a particularly special Venice Carnival! I follow your blog :) You can follow me on:

http://kate-rose-blair.blogspot.com.es/

Kiss

Benlovesting said...

So lovely! x