Wednesday, 9 January 2013

MUA Makeup Academy Brush Review

MUA is a brand I’ve been quite impressed with considering how affordable the products are. My favourite product of theirs and one that I use almost every day is the pressed powder; it does a good job of mattifying my oily skin whilst providing a small amount of coverage and colour. The other products which I think are really great are the lipsticks; most of them are nicely pigmented and have a lovely nourishing finish. At £1 each they’re also incredibly cheap.

When I heard a few months ago that they were launching a collection of makeup brushes I couldn’t wait to try them. I knew they would be inexpensive and, judging from some of their other products, would also be of reasonable quality. I made an order from their website as soon as possible and purchased two of the E3 blending shadow brushes (£1.95), the F4 powder brush (£3.75) and the F6 angled face brush (I can’t see this on the website at the moment). They also have a foundation brush, stippling brush, eyeshadow brush, eyeshadow contour brush and an eyelash & eyebrow brush. They state on the website that the brushes are synthetic, cruelty free and suitable for all skin types.


 


The first thing I noticed was just how soft they are whereas some cheaper brushes can often feel scratchy and unpleasant on the skin. They’re also really dense meaning a nice amount of product can be applied to the skin; this is also unusual for cheaper brushes. So far I haven’t had the trouble of loose bristles shedding, which I’ve experienced with my LancĂ´me brush, so that’s certainly a plus. They haven’t got a huge range at the moment and I wouldn’t expect high-end professional quality from them but overall I’m really pleased and I’d definitely be interested in purchasing more.


K

2 comments:

Helen Louise said...

Pleased to hear they are of a high quality. I cant wait to purchase them! Thanks for sharing :) x

Justaddicingandsprinkles.blogspot.co.uk

Yolandaas said...

Great review :) xx i looove these.. just reviewed them