Sunday, 13 January 2013

Recent Purchases


Modalu London ‘Clementine’ Large Purse in Nude (faux) Croc (£42.50 down from £85)


I’ve been looking for a new purse for a little while and although I was hoping to save up for a Mulberry I’m just not sure I could justify the hefty price tag. I’ve got a Modalu ‘Pippa’
handbag in (faux) croc which I love and so whilst browsing their website I came across this purse in the sale which I thought was pretty and a good deal too. It’s got a lot of card compartments as well as an inner and outer zip pocket for change.


Real Techniques Brushes ‘Core Collection’ £21

I finally picked up my first set of Real Techniques brushes. I decided to get the core collection (I say decided, that was actually all they had available and I already had my mind set on buying some- oops) although I don’t wear foundation very often so I’m not sure how I’m going to use these yet as they seem targeted to use with base products. I tried using the pointed foundation brush with concealer under my eyes which worked ok and the buffing brush for my blush but I found it applied far too heavily as it’s so dense. I’m definitely interested in getting the blush brush and the powder brush next.


Blistex Intensive Moisturiser £2.63

I’m a little obsessed with trying/buying moisturising lip products so I thought I’d give this one a go as I haven’t tried any Blistex ones before.


La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo £13
There’s so much hype around this product at the moment and as I often get small breakouts and large pores I thought I’d give it a go. I love my La Roche-Posay Effaclar Matt moisturiser which I use every day and I also quite like their targeted breakout corrector so I’m hoping I’ll feel the same about this little product.
 
MAC ‘Melba’ Blush £17.50
I’ve been enjoying wearing peachy coloured blushers for a few months so I wanted to give this one a try.


MAC ‘Chatterbox’ Lipstick £14

This lipstick is described on the website as a bright red-pink and the finish is Amplified Crème so it isn’t drying on the lips at all. Although it is quite a bright pink and perfect for a night out, I definitely think it can be applied lightly as more of a stain for a more wearable day-time look.

K

6 comments:

Katie Annie said...

Love the purse!! Amazing. I've never tried mac lipstick but so tempted and love the colour of that one

Katie xx
www.thestylinguist.com

Emily Barnes said...

This purse looks GORGEOUS i want :) im the same i dont own or tried a MAC lipstick :( Love you post lovely :)

Love Emily xx

http://love-x-beauty.blogspot.co.uk/

Beau Blushes said...

I've just bought the effaclar duo too...hoping for great results on my congested areas. Are you using it under a moisturiser or just on its own? XX

Katie said...

Thanks girls, I love the purse too hehe.

I'm using the Effaclar Duo on its own, I apply it all over before bed so it can work overnight :)

xx

elin erna said...

I love MACs Melba blush, it's my favorite! and I really want to try out chatterbox xx

xoxo elín
http://elinlikes.blogspot.com

Lanie B said...

I just got the real technique's foundation brush and it's just amazing. Might have to buy this set!

Following your blog now :) xx

www.lanieb.com