Wednesday, 16 January 2013

TRESemme Volumising Dry Shampoo

For me, and probably a lot of other girls, dry shampoo is a necessity. I don’t like to wash my hair every day, despite the fact it gets greasy pretty quickly, as it strips it from any natural essential oils and can leave it quite unhealthy. I also have coloured hair so less washing means the colour will last longer without fading. For these reasons and for those in-between-washes days, dry shampoo has become my saviour product. It’s perfect if you’re in a rush in the mornings as it’s so quick and easy to use; just spray it into the roots of your hair, wait a few seconds and rub it in with your fingertips or brush it through. The only problem I find is that, having brunette hair, it can be tricky to find dry shampoos which don’t leave those awful grey patches. I’ve tried the Batiste range and two of the ‘SO…’ ones which I received in a goodie bag at The Clothes Show but the best one i've tried so far is the TRESemme Instant Refresh Volumising Dry Shampoo.

The winning factor for me is that it only has the slightest grey tint when it’s first sprayed onto the hair so it doesn’t need much rubbing in unlike the others which turn my hair completely grey. It smells quite nice and citrusy but I’m not too worried about using one that has a really strong scent. It does a great job of refreshing my hair and also adds some volume which is always good. As well as the volumising one which I personally prefer, they have a strengthening one and a smoothing one in their range. At £4.79 it’s not as cheap as Batiste but, for me, it works so much better and is the one I’ll continue to repurchase.

K

No comments: