Wednesday, 6 February 2013

Cambridge's Hidden Gems

Despite having lived a 20 minute journey from Cambridge my whole life, and being a frequent visitor to the centre of the city, I had never really ventured out to the little cobbled side streets… until today. I couldn’t believe how many gorgeous little independent boutiques there were hidden away, as well as more well-known stores such as Molton Brown and Kiehls. I love the experience of shopping in smaller, independent stores as it often feels more personal and welcoming than the high-street. It’s also great for finding unique items that you haven’t seen everyone and their mum wearing already.

One of our favourite finds was Modish, a shoe shop which I’ve heard lots of fab things about but have never had chance to pop into before. The owner, Sarah, was so friendly and we had a nice little chat about the exciting
Cambridge Style Week, where some of her shoes will be featuring, including the amazing Union Jack pair for the Best of British opening night. With many different brands and beautiful styles available, I can definitely see why this has become a popular local favourite. Have a peek for yourself at www.modishonline.co.uk.





Another boutique we adored was Prohibido Lingerie, owned by the lovely Mercedes. It’s a luxurious lingerie store with gorgeous d├ęcor and sparkling chandeliers. They have a fantastic range of quality brands which all looked so elegant and pretty. What I also loved was the spacious fitting rooms; perfect for trying on undies so you don’t feel pressured or conscious. If you’re in the Cambridge area I definitely recommend popping by, especially with Valentines Day just round the corner.


We also popped into Kiehls which was tucked down one of the side streets and the lovely lady that greeted us was so helpful. There was quite a vast range of products available and while I haven’t heard too much about the brand, I’ve always been interested in trying their products. I ended up taking advantage of the large amount of samples they had to offer; I got the oil-free facial set, ultimate strength hand salve and orange flower & lychee body cleanser. I can’t wait to try them and post back with my thoughts.



I will definitely be exploring more of Cambridge and the hidden gems it has to offer. Have any of you found any luxuries tucked away in your favourite local shopping spot?

Katie

1 comment:

LOOKAMILLION said...

Great blog! Im a new follower, look forward to reading more posts

Im a self-taught makeup artist and upcoming YouTuber with a beauty blog! I feature product reviews, my looks and how-tos, picture tutorials and so on..
Would love for you to check it out and even follow if you like it?

Xxx

Love from Sanna’s beauty blog

Like my page for more makeup madness!