Sunday, 24 March 2013

Current Hair Care Routine

Thanks to years of bleach, dye, a few disasters, and not enough trips to the hairdressers it’s safe to say my hair is suffering a bit now. Despite using an array of conditioning products, it’s currently not in the best state and as I’m still trying to grow it I’m reluctant to get it cut as often as I should. Part of me would like all the nasty ends chopped off to about shoulder length, however, the part of me that wants long locks won’t let that happen. So, in order to keep my hair manageable I use a few products every time I wash my hair- which is usually every other day.

Tangle Teezer:
Before I wash my hair I’ll always brush through it with my Tangle Teezer to get rid of any knots leaving it massively easier to manage when it’s wet. I absolutely love it and have a full review
here.

TRESemme Colour Revitalising Shampoo & conditioner:


I have to admit I’m not the most adventurous when it comes to my shampoo and conditioner as I really can’t justify spending out on higher end brands when I go through so much so often. Despite having tried a couple of high-street ranges such as John Frieda, Aussie and Organix I always tend to revert back to using the Colour Revitalising range by TRESemme. It does a good job of protecting my colour-treated hair and always leaves it feeling clean. The conditioner leaves my hair feeling soft and conditioned but doesn’t weigh it down at all.

Aussie Miracle Hair Insurance Leave-in Conditioner:

I’ve been using this product for years now as it really helps to de-tangle and protect the hair. I spray a little all through the mid-lengths when it’s wet and then brush through. One of my favourite things about this product is the smell; it’s absolutely delicious and remains noticeably yummy smelling on the hair all day.

Percy & Reed Volumising No Oil Oil:

This is a product I’ve only been using recently after receiving it free with Glamour magazine. I would usually use the John Frieda volume blow-dry lotion which I love but as I finished the last of that a few weeks ago I decided to give this one a try. It’s more of a serum than oil so it’s fine to use on the roots as it’s not greasy at all. It doesn’t offer great results if you’re after lots of volume but it does tame the frizzy flyaways and smooth the hair.

L’Oreal Mythic Oil:

I like to use something specifically on the ends of my hair and while I don’t think this is the most nourishing of hair oils, it does do a great job of smoothing the ends and making them appear less unruly. It’s very lightweight, smells lovely and adds a subtle shine to the hair.

For those days in between hair washes I like to use a dry shampoo, my favourite being the TRESemme one which I have a post on here.

K



3 comments:

Lorna said...

Hey I really like your blog and follow it on bloglovin, I have nominated you for a Liebster award. You can find out more info on my blog www.artofbodybeaty.blogspot.co.uk

Lorna xx

Kate xo said...

I love your blog! can't wait to read some more
Would you mind checking mine out?

http://kateexo.blogspot.com.au

Katie said...

Aw thanks girls :)

I'll definitely pop over to your blogs and have a read x