Thursday, 14 March 2013

Origins Skincare


Origins are quickly becoming one of my favourite skincare brands. They’re committed to using natural, organic ingredients and I love the purity of their products. As a higher end brand, their products aren’t cheap but I would say they’re reasonably priced for the quality of them. I enjoy using a few of their products on a regular basis and thought I’d share my favourites with you.

Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask £20
I very rarely used to apply face masks, but on deciding that I probably need to start, I almost immediately opted for a sample of this one. Designed to draw out clogged pores and dissolve impurities it sounded perfect for my skin and exactly what it needed. Firstly, I wanted to mention how ah-mazing the free samples are from Origins; they come in little handy pots which contain a generous amount of product and last longer than your average sample.
It’s a perfect way to test out the product and ensure it’s suitable for your skin before you commit to buying it- they’re just fantastic. On to the actual face mask… I love it. It’s a smooth, thick, dark grey consistency which you apply after opening up your pores with a hot flannel and leave on until it’s fully dry. It doesn’t particularly have a scent, which I like, and after rinsing it off my skin feels clear and refreshed. I’ll definitely be purchasing the full size when my sample runs out.
 
 

Super Spot Remover Blemish Treatment Gel £13

I’m not sure how I coped with breakouts before owning this. Containing salicylic acid, it almost instantly helps to heal and reduce the size of any pesky blemishes you may have and also prevents more appearing. I tend to use mine in the morning and before bed (it can be applied throughout the day for faster results) and I’ve seen results the next day. It comes in the tiniest bottle but lasts for ages as you only need to apply the smallest amount for it to work wonders.



GinZing Eye-Cream £21
I love this eye-cream and use it every morning religiously. While it doesn’t feel massively moisturising, it does instantly reduce the look of dark circles due to its light reflecting properties. If you don’t suffer badly from dark circles this would work well on its own, but it also works great under concealer. It’s light pink in colour and a fairly thick, creamy consistency which applies smoothly to the eye area. I wouldn’t use this in the evening as I prefer a richer, hydrating cream for over-night but for the morning it works perfectly as an instant wake-me-up.

K

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I need to get myself the spot remover thingy for suuuure!! Sounds amazing :)
And I love the sound of the face mask too - can you tell if it has worked, as in, are your pore noticeably clearer? Mine are awful at the moment!!
xoxoxoxoxo