Friday, 19 April 2013

MUA Power Pout Tinted Balm Review


I spotted the new MUA Power Pout sticks in my local Superdrug and, at only £3, decided to give them a try. I haven’t tried the Clinique Chubby Sticks or the Revlon Kissable Balm Stains as they didn’t really appeal to me or seem worth the price, plus I could never find a colour I really loved enough to purchase. Saying that, the MUA Power Pouts do seem to resemble both of those products yet I was more drawn to the range of colours and affordable price. There's 6 shades in the range so far; I chose ‘Broken Hearted’ which is a gorgeous bright raspberry pink colour.

As I’ve mentioned before on here, I’ve been impressed with a lot of the MUA products and this one is no exception. Although being marketed as a tinted balm, the colour is actually very pigmented and long-lasting. It’s easy to create a bright lip with this colour but used with your finger it could be applied as more of a stain. It applies easily and, as it is quite a creamy texture, there’s no need to be too precise with it. I think the orange shade ‘Justify’ will look gorgeous for the summer so I’ll definitely be picking that up next.
K

1 comment:

Robyn Joy said...

Wow, looks stunning!! I followed you on gfc :) I hope you follow back!! Looking forward to more of your posts!

Robyn ~ The Chic Image xox
http://thechicimage.blogspot.com