Thursday, 4 April 2013

Skincare & Haircare Haul


I’ve had a little skincare and haircare spend over the past few weeks and thought I’d share with you what I picked up.

John Frieda Luxurious Volume Thickening Blow-dry Lotion
I have re-purchased this product numerous times now as it’s great for adding some thickness to the roots. I use it pretty much every time I wash my hair; I’ll just spritz it all through the roots and blow-dry my hair upside down.
Vo5 Plump it Up Weightless Mousse
I don't often use mousse but this appealed to me as it promises to add volume whilst also protecting the hair against heat damage and taming frizz.
Vo5 Give me Texture Instant Oomph Powder
Another volumising product (clearly after big hair). I’d read some good reviews on this little product and thought I’d give it a try. It’s a white powder which you shake onto the roots and rub in to create some lift and texture. I do quite like this, although it hasn’t worked wonders in creating lots of volume and my hair still seems to weigh it down. It also makes it feel a little knotty and matte at the roots which I’m not too keen on.
 
TRESemme Instant Refresh Volumising Dry Shampoo
This is another re-purchase, it’s the best dry shampoo I’ve used for brunette hair and is a saviour product for non-hair-wash days.


Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask
I have a separate skincare post here where I mentioned this product (I tried a sample of it). I thought it worked really well with my skin and so decided to purchase the full size. With my purchase I also received a sample of the Modern Friction exfoliator which sounds nice but I’m hesitant to try as I’m not sure it’s suitable for my skin type.
Origins Zero Oil Moisture Lotion
Having done a bit of research, I thought this product sounded perfect as a daily moisturiser for my oily skin. I’m yet to try it as I’m currently using the Elemis Mattifying Moisturiser which I received free with Cosmo magazine and enjoying using.
TopShop Nail Varnish in Flamingo Coral
Me and my lovely friend took a trip to London yesterday and surprisingly I didn’t make any beauty purchases apart from this beautiful nail varnish we spotted at the last minute (rather excitedly). It’s such a gorgeous coral pink, which is fairly bright when two coats are applied to the nails- I love it!
K

2 comments:

Kae-Toya Lee-Bramble said...

The Origins Charcoal mask is a good buy, I have used it in the past both as a mask and as a spot treatment.

http://miakhymai.blogspot.co.uk/

Katie said...

Oh that's interesting, I wouldn't have thought about using it as a spot treatment :) thanks for the recommendation.