Wednesday, 15 May 2013

Collective Haul

A little overview of my recent end-of-exams treats:


MUA Power Pout 'Justify':

After trying the Power Pout in ‘Broken Hearted’, which I reviewed here, I decided to head out and purchase the orange shade ‘Justify’. I do like the colour although it applies as more of a red than orange which was a bit disappointing, it’s still a lovely product though especially for the bargain price of £1!
Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer:
This is another repurchase as it’s such a staple in my everyday makeup. I had such a difficult time finding the shade ‘light 2’ but after a rather desperate search around my town and surrounding ones I luckily found it on the Boots website…I restrained from ordering about five and settled with two. I reviewed it here if you want to hear me rave about it.


Collection Hot Looks Nail Polish 'Fruit Loop':
I’m loving all things in the coral/orange colour range at the mo so, as there was a 3 for 2 offer on and I was already buying two concealers, I decided to try this nail varnish. It’s more of a nude, coral colour when applied and is actually very similar to the Topshop shade ‘Play Fur Keeps’ but I do really like it. It dried quickly on the nails and has lasted well without chipping so I’m impressed so far.

Real Techniques Blush Brush:After being a little disappointed with my Real Techniques Core Collection brushes (I can’t seem to find a good use for them?) I decided to purchase one I knew I’d get lots of use out of; the blush brush. I really like it so far although it is a tiny bit big for blush and can sometimes apply too much product so I think it would work great for powder or bronzer.


Fashionista Blush and Palette:
I decided to purchase a couple of Fashionista products as I really liked the idea of being able to create my own palette of blushers for such an affordable price. The palettes, which contain four slots, are £5 and each individual blush or eye shadow is £4. They have a nice colour range available; the only issue I had was trying to select shades I would like from the website. I’m not a huge fan of the colours I chose as ‘Flush’ is too much of a red-pink and ‘Cinnamon’ is too brown. On a brighter note, they are matte and super pigmented so definitely good value for money.

New Look Sandals:
I came across these pretty sandals in New Look for £17.99 which I thought was a reasonable amount to spend as (with the English weather offering little chance to wear sandals) I won’t get that much use out of them. I was completely attracted to the gorge coral and gold stud combination and when the sun does decide to show these will be my No.1 foot attire.
K

1 comment:

Olivia Erica Ryan said...

Love those shoes! I have that nail polish too, I love the colour! Xx <a href="http://oliviaericaryanxo.blogspot.com</a>olivia erica ryan ♡ fashion, beauty and lifestyle blog ♡</a>