Tuesday, 14 May 2013

MAC Chatterbox Lipstick Review


Although it’s one of the most popular makeup brands and one I’ve read about for years, I only very recently decided to make my first ever MAC purchases; the first being Chatterbox lipstick and the other, Melba blush. As far as I know we don’t have a MAC counter in a department store nearby, only a small shop where I feel a bit pressured by the staff and generally don’t enjoy the shopping experience, hence I’d never bought anything from there before. However, after browsing the website one day I decided to try a couple of products and see if they’re worth the hype.

Chatterbox is a pretty rosy-pink colour with no shimmer. As an amplified finish, it’s very pigmented and bright, although the intensity of the colour is definitely buildable which I like. The formulation is lovely; it’s smooth and creamy, making application easy. As I don’t often wear strong lip colours during the day I’ll wear this lipstick in the evening for a nice dinner or night out with the girls.


As much as I enjoy wearing it and think it’s a gorgeous colour, at £14 each I definitely think there are cheaper alternatives. I can see why it’s a popular brand though as the colour range available is fantastic. I think Speed Dial looks like a cute colour so I might pop that on my birthday wish list.

K

No comments: