· SPF Face Cream/ Lip Balm: It's vital to apply an SPF face cream and lip balm to protect your skin when spending long days in the sun.
· Tinted moisturiser/ BB Cream: A great alternative to foundation (which is almost unbearable to wear in hot weather). A tinted moisturiser or BB Cream will feel light on the skin whilst still offering some coverage and colour.
· Concealer: For sufferers of blemishes or dark circles (bane of my life) concealer is an absolute must-have.
· Powder: For oily skin gals like me, powder is a necessity; It will set any base that has been applied or can be used alone to keep oil at bay.
· Bronzer/Blusher: A light dusting of bronzer all over the face will enhance your natural tan and give you a sun kissed glow. If you prefer some colour on the cheeks, use a peachy coloured blush.
· Mascara: Take mascara which provides you with great length and volume. It’s easy to achieve different effects with just one mascara – one or two coats for a natural look or layered for a more dramatic effect.
· Eye-shadow palette: A small four-shadow palette made up of neutral colours such as a cream, light brown, dark brown and black is a great versatile product and compact enough to travel with. Create a sultry smoky eye or use the black shadow on the lash line in place of eye-liner.
· Lipstick/Lip-gloss: A soft pink lipstick is an easy colour to wear and great for the summer months. Opt for a red/orange lipstick for the perfect bright lip or use it as a stain for a more subtle look. To give the illusion of fuller lips use a lip-gloss over the top or on its own.
· Brushes: A powder brush, blush/bronzer brush and eye-shadow brush are the only essential brushes for holiday. Tinted moisturiser, BB cream and concealer can be applied using fingers for quick application.
Hope you have a wonderful time if you’re going away this summer :)