Sunday, 4 August 2013

Beauty Haul


 

What beauty bits I’ve been buying over the past couple of months:
Crown Brushes: I purchased these whilst I was at IMATS in June. I found the huge selection quite overwhelming but I decided to pick up the big powder/bronzer brush as well as two eye shadow brushes which are great.
OCC Lip Tar’s: Another IMATS purchase. I’d seen these mentioned quite a lot and reviews always seem positive so I was keen to try them for myself. I will be doing a review of these soon but I was really impressed with them and love the colours I chose.
Smashbox Photo Matte Anti-Shine: I’ve never used a primer, or any similar product, in the past but as I suffer with such annoying oily skin I thought I’d try this and see if helps to control the shine throughout the day. Unusually for me, especially as it wasn’t cheap, I hadn’t done any prior research on this product before I spotted it in Boots and decided to purchase it. Hope it wasn’t a waste of money!
Rimmel Stay Matte Powder: This is a repurchase as it does a fantastic job of mattifying my oily skin; definitely a firm staple in my collection.
Maybelline The Falsies Waterproof Mascara: This is another repurchase. I have a full review coming soon but it’s basically one of the best I’ve tried.
Stargazer Glitter: These were another purchase made at IMATS. After swatching the Naked Cosmetics pigments and thinking how pretty they were but also how expensive, I went in search of a cheaper alternative. Unfortunately, these aren’t even really remotely similar to the Naked pigments but they were very inexpensive so I’m not too disappointed. I haven’t had a proper chance to play with these but I think they’d look pretty layered over other eye shadows or used as liner.
TRESemm√© Hair Mask: I’m always after new products that claim to protect my hair from split ends and, as I love my TRESemme shampoo & conditioner, I thought I’d try this deep conditioning treatment.  
K

1 comment:

Amy W. Hemmingway said...

This has made me want to go shopping! I desperately want to try the Lip Tars

// DUSTERKNUCKLES //