Tuesday, 6 August 2013

OCC Lip Tar Review



I was super excited to spot the OCC stand as I was walking round IMATS back in June . I’d always wanted to try the Lip Tars and couldn’t wait to finally get my hands on one. The range of colours they had was incredible but I was instantly drawn to these gorgeous pink shades and knew they would get a lot of use.


I would describe the first shade ‘Annika’ as a nude apricot and the second, ‘Trollop’, as a bright Barbie pink; both are really creamy to apply and dry to a more semi-matte finish. The pigmentation of these is amazing; you need the smallest amount to achieve a strong, opaque colour so I can imagine these lasting forever. Because of the formulation, they last for ages on the lips and leave a stain when the rest of the product has gone. I can’t remember exactly how much I paid for them but it was around £12 which I think is reasonable considering the fantastic quality.
The packaging is quite unusual but, weirdly, I like it. It’s easy to pick out the shade you want as it’s clear to see them and they’re small enough to pop in your handbag. They are slightly more hassle to apply than your typical lipstick/gloss because there’s no easy applicator but I’ll either use my finger or Real Techniques lip brush to apply them. I think they’re a great little product and would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for the longevity of a lipstick but the ease of a gloss.
Have you tried any of the Lip Tars? What did you think?
K

3 comments:

Natalie said...

I LOVE the look of these and I love that the pink one is called Trollop :) hehe made me giggle!!
xoxoxo

Katie said...

They're so lovely! Lol I know, not very nice names!!
xxxxx

Justine J said...

WOW! These are so great! I love Trollop the most xx

Justine | BRIGHTON DREAM