Thursday, 1 August 2013

Sleek Lipstick ‘Papaya Punch’ Review


 
Sorry for the bad quality phone snaps!
It’s no secret that I’m a fan of Sleek products. I constantly reach for the eye shadow palette in ‘Au Natural’ and their blush‘suede’ is also a go-to favourite… not to mention the ‘Blush by 3’ palette and contour kit. As much as I love their powder products, the only other Sleek lipstick I own is in the shade ‘Mulberry’ and is one I’ve never dared wear; it’s a very dark, vampy purple and I got it in the winter thinking it’d look great but never actually plucked up the courage to wear it out. Despite this, I could tell the pigmentation was fantastic and also really liked the formulation.

After spotting a couple of swatches of the shade Papaya Punch’ online, I decided to go ahead and purchase it. I’m not too keen on red lipsticks but this appealed to me as it has obvious hints of pink and coral. As with all Sleek products, it’s massively pigmented. It’s such a bright, vibrant colour and, as a matte formulation, lasts on the lips for ages. I wouldn’t normally buy matte lipsticks as they often accentuate any dry skin but luckily I haven’t experienced this too much with this lipstick (just be certain to use a lip balm before applying). Another feature I liked about this product is that it contains vitamin E which has good anti-aging properties. I personally like the packaging as it’s simple and quite tasteful; the only issue is that it can get quite dirty due to the matte texture. I would definitely recommend trying their lipsticks if you haven’t already, especially at the budget-friendly price of £4.99!
Have you tried any Sleek lipsticks? What are your favourites?
K

4 comments:

bethwaldron said...

I love sleek products, so affordable for the quality. I love coral shades i'll be checking this lipstick out!

xx

Charlotte said...

I hate to admit it but I've never tried any Sleek products. I went hunting for the Contour Kit a while ago but it was sold out everywhere unfortunately. This lipstick is such a gorgeous colour!

Charlotte xo
charbuckss.blogspot.com

Katie said...

You should definitely try them Charlotte, I think they're great quality.

xx

Victoria Sanusi said...

I got my first sleek lipstick yesterday :) smoother. deffo getting this one. great post :)

Victoria Sanusi - Just Writing