Sunday, 1 September 2013

Maybelline ‘The Falsies’ Mascara

 

There are only two mascaras I’ve yet found worthy of a blog post; the Lancome Hypnose Drama mascara (read my review here) and Maybelline The Falsies.I don’t know whether I’m just overly fussy when it comes to mascaras, but none that I’ve tried have ever come close to the two mentioned above. I didn’t think I would ever stray from using the Lancome one as, in my opinion, it’s the best, however a couple of months ago I decided to purchase another tube of The Falsies; I knew I liked it from using it in the past and was keen to try it again.
I absolutely love the amount of length and volume this mascara adds to my lashes. The wand is curved and the bristles are thick which help to create quite a dramatic effect; it’s possible to use only one coat for a more subtle look but I personally like quite defined lashes and so tend to layer it up. I find it easy to apply but definitely prefer the formulation once it's been used a few times and has started to dry up a little. At £7.99 I think it’s really affordable, especially for the quality, compared to £21 for the Lancome one. I know I’ll repurchase the Lancome Hypnose Drama at some point but I’ll always be sure to have a tube of The Falsies in my collection as well.
K

No comments: