Friday, 27 September 2013

The Body Shop Seaweed Facial Exfoliator Review



Although I love researching skincare products online, I’m not one for switching up my routine very often as I’m usually a bit concerned about investing in a lot of expensive high-end products only to discover they don’t suit my skin. If you want to take a look at my skincare routine I dedicated a post to it here and despite that being over 10 months ago, not a lot has changed! I have, however, discovered one new product that has quickly made its way into my routine- the Seaweed Pore Cleansing Facial Exfoliator from The Body Shop.

Despite The Body Shop being a firm fave when I was in my early teens (I loved those little flavoured lip butters), I hadn’t set foot in there for years until my friends and I went on skincare/makeup dedicated shopping trip recently. I was so pleased to see they had such a wide variety of products targeted at a range of skin types and of course I headed straight to the oily range. A product I’d been after for a while was a facial exfoliator suitable for quite regular use. I spotted the Seaweed Pore Cleansing one and thought I would give it a try; luckily they provided me with a generous sample pot which was perfect for me to test it out first (I've since purchased the full size).  
 
Firstly, the texture is pretty much my idea of perfect; it's a gel consistency with little grainy bits but nothing overly harsh or abrasive on the skin. I use just a small amount, apply it to wet skin and massage in circular motions then rinse it off. The scent is quite fresh- nothing unpleasant. The best part about this product though is, obviously, how it left my skin feeling afterwards; it feels instantly smoothed, very soft and any excess oil is gone without feeling like it’s been completely stripped. If I have any breakouts, this also seems to calm everything down and help clear them up quicker. I’m not sure how often the recommended use of this is (I can’t find much information on the packaging) but I just keep it in my shower and use it probably 3 or 4 mornings a week. On the days I use it it does seem to control the oil throughout the day better than the days I don’t use it, although I haven’t noticed a huge difference yet. Overall I’m really impressed with it and at just £9 I think it’s a fantastic little product.
The Body Shop currently has an amazing offer of 40% off online + a free gift if you spend over £5! I’ve already placed an order of the Satsuma shower gel & body butter, the Seaweed cleansing wash & Vitamin E eye cream… I can’t wait to try them!
 

No comments: