Tuesday, 1 October 2013

Fashionista ‘Paris’ Bronzer Review



I’m definitely someone who loves a faux glow pretty much all year round. As I probably only tan my face once or twice a week (I’m a lot lazier when it comes to tanning my body although I’m always conscious of white hands against a bronzed face) I will use bronzer in my every day makeup routine. Considering I use it all the time, I haven’t actually tried many different brands, especially since discovering Benefit’s Hoola bronzer way back which I love and tend to stick to. A few weeks ago, however, I was placing an order online from Fashionista as they had some amazing discounts and I thought I’d try their bronzers. I chose the shades LA & Paris but as I prefer a matte bronzer for contouring, Paris is my favourite out of the two (LA has some gold shimmer running through which is not overly noticeable on the skin but does show a little).

Paris is definitely more of a terracotta shade with red tones rather than cooler ones. As I have quite a red complexion I usually try to avoid these but in this case it just adds the right amount of warmth and definition to my face without being too orangey. I even find that I don’t always have to wear a blusher with this if I apply it more central to the face. The pigmentation is fantastic; you only need a touch of product for a strong colour payoff and it blends really nicely as well. I’m really impressed with this product and it’s quickly made its way into my favourites. I can’t believe how much of a bargain it is currently at just £1.65 from the MUA website- I would definitely recommend checking them out especially if you’re after great makeup on a budget!

1 comment:

OliviaHaMakeup said...

Hi Katie, I love how mixed you look :) But aside from that thank you for your review from this bronzer. I recently checked out the Chanel bronzer and it looks soooo nice, I tried it out at shoppers and it applied so evenly and it looked so natural! However now I would love to see the different option I have with this 'Paris' Bronzer. I need to start writing on my blog again, you can see if you could learn something from my reviews here too from Toronto but you can check it out at Makeup Artist Toronto