Monday, 7 October 2013

Smashbox Photo Matte Anti-Shine Review



I’m sure if you’re a regular reader here at The Beauty & Lifestyle Diary you’ll know I suffer from very oily skin. I’m always on the hunt for lotions and potions to try and control it throughout the day and my latest purchase was the Smashbox Photo Matte Anti-Shine. This wasn’t a product I’d researched or heard anything about, but I spotted it in Debenhams (I'm enticed by anything 'anti-shine') a couple of months ago and thought I would give it a try- after all, it’s sometimes nice to discover a product you love without having done endless amounts of review reading beforehand! Although I’m not certain this is one of those products.


Initially I was a little confused about what this product actually was as it’s not described as a primer; essentially it’s an oil-absorbing cream which you can wear under/over makeup or dab on during the day for touch-ups (the shop assistant described it as “like a powder but lasts longer”). I tend to apply it under my makeup with my fingers and I’ll powder over it as well. It has a nice creamy, velvety consistency which reminds me of Benefit’s Porefessional primer. When first applied, the product definitely does the job of absorbing any excess oil leaving my skin with a soft, matte finish which doesn’t feel at all heavy, and you only need a small amount to see results. However, I was disappointed with the staying power as I still find myself reaching for the powder after just a few hours. I do think this is a good product, especially if you just have a slightly oily T-Zone which you want to mattify, it’s just not the miracle HG product I was hoping it might be. The search continues…

No comments: