Wednesday, 23 October 2013

The Body Shop Vitamin E Eye Cream Review



I’m quite conscious about looking after my eye area these days as I know how delicate the skin is and how it’s one of the first places to visibly show age lines/wrinkles (not that I have to worry about them just yet- but it’s good to start preventing in your twenties). I’m always on the hunt for a new ground-breaking eye cream to help reduce my annoying dark circles and the latest on trial has been the popular Vitamin E Eye Cream from The Body Shop. I’ve been trying it every evening for the past couple of weeks and so far I really like it.
There are a few things I think are particularly good about this product, the first one being just how wonderfully hydrating it is! I’ll apply a small amount as part of my evening skincare routine and in the morning the area is still lovely and moisturised. It has quite a thick consistency which I was pleasantly surprised by- for me there’s nothing worse than a watery, gel formula for an eye cream. I love something that feels creamy and smoothing when I apply, which this definitely does. It's a creamy white colour and has some light reflecting properties in it which gives the allusion of reduced dark circles…yay! Although it is not a permanent solution for getting rid of dark circles, a quick fix is always good and I’ve come to the conclusion that there isn’t a product out there which can completely get rid of them!
As I mentioned earlier, I apply this in the evening. I haven’t yet tried it in the morning as I tend to use my origins GinZing, but as it’s so hydrating (it’s not at all greasy) I imagine it would make a great base for makeup! I purchased this from the website for £6 when they were offering a discount of 40% on all products and it’s definitely worth that. I’m not sure whether I would repurchase for the full price of £10 but the body shop nearly always seems to be running some sort of offer online so I don’t think I’ll ever need to!
 

2 comments:

carly said...

I almost got this during their last sale & after reading your review I wish I had picked it up! I've been wanting to try the ginzing eye cream as well but am not sure I want to spend the money yet!

sundaysgrace.blogspot

Katie said...

Ah that's a shame, you'll have to keep an eye out for their next sale :)
The GinZing eye cream is good because it's really light reflecting so reduces dark circles but that's about it lol so I don't think I would repurchase it x