Sunday, 10 November 2013

Origins Super Spot Remover Review


Today I’m reviewing the Origins Super Spot Remover, as promised in my recent Skincare Saviours post. I just had to dedicate a whole post to this wondrous little product, which has deservingly been awarded the title of Best Spot Treatment 2013 by the Company magazine Beauty Awards.
Origins say:
“Just dab Origins Super Spot Remover™ on a dot and feel blemish-busting Salicylic Acid instantly help speed healing while anti-spot technology helps visibly correct post blemish darkening. Skin-calming Caffeine and Red Algae help visibly relieve irritating redness. And to help keep skin looking spotless, super exfoliators eliminate excess oils and pore-clogging debris.”
It really is as amazing as it sounds! The product itself is a clear gel with quite a distinct, strong-ish smell. I tend to apply a small amount on and around any blemishes in the evening to work overnight; I find it best to use in the evening as it can feel a little tight and drying on the area it’s applied to. It can also sometimes sting slightly when first applied but I personally quite like that as I feel as if it’s really getting to work.
I’ve been using this product for about a year now and loved it from the very first use but yesterday just confirmed how much of an amazing product this is. In the morning I noticed a couple of blemishes had appeared just under my jaw line so I decided to apply a small amount of the spot remover gel to the area. I didn’t think anything more of them until the evening when I went to apply some more as an overnight treatment and they had completely gone! The only detectable thing was a faint pink mark which wasn’t raised at all. I was so shocked that it had literally just zapped them away during the day- seriously impressive stuff!

It retails at £14 and for me it’s worth every penny. Don’t be put off by the tiny bottle either; my first bottle lasted for around 10 months with quite frequent use and I’ve just recently repurchased another. I am constantly recommending this to people and boring the boyf with how ah-mazing I think it is so I really urge you to give this a try if you’re looking for a product to quickly and effectively get rid of spots.

Have you tried this product? If so, do you love it as much as me? Is there anyone out there who doesn’t think this is a miracle product?! I would love to know your thoughts so please leave me a comment below or tweet me @KatiePrewett :)

2 comments:

carly said...

I've had mixed feelings about the origins products I'm using currently but this one sounds so nice! I'm always on the hunt for a good spot treatment and I love that origins gives a more natural option!

sundays grace

Katie said...

I would definitely recommend giving it a try! It works wonders for me x