Monday, 25 November 2013

Winter Essentials



I don’t know about you, but when I’m out de-icing my car in the morning *shivers at the thought*, it’s a sign that the cold weather has officially arrived. I can’t bear to be cold when I’m out and about this time of year so I thought I’d share my top snuggly picks for keeping warm this winter.
I love this little bobble hat from Warehouse and although I usually opt for the knitted/fur headbands I’m really loving hats this year. A cosy scarf is an absolute must-have; I’m not fussy on what sort but I went for this comfy snood from Dorothy Perkins as they’re so quick and easy to throw on. Next up is a chunky knitted jumper. These are super easy to style, comfortable and will keep you toasty on a chilly morning. I particularly like this pastel one from Dorothy Perkins as it would look really pretty with a statement necklace for evening too. Another essential is a good pair of gloves; I thought this Ted Baker pair were a little prettier than your standard pair, and I adore the faux fur detailing. I can’t leave the house without a big thick coat to wrap up in this time of year. I think there are so many gorgeous ones in the shops at the moment but I went for this Parka from Warehouse as I think they’re casual, easy to wear and go with pretty much everything. Last up for my top winter essentials is a pair of Chelsea boots. I think heeled boots look gorge but aren’t so practical come the icy mornings whereas Chelsea boots are the perfect choice of footwear for any outfit whether it be leggings and a sweater or a skirt and thick tights.
What are your winter essentials?

1 comment:

Katie Annie said...

Love the mint coloured jumper - looks so snug! And the bobble hat too :)

Katie xx
thestylinguist.com