Wednesday, 18 December 2013

Festive Red Lip


 
I can't believe it's just one week until Christmas day! How exciting! As it's the party season I think it's nice to experiment with bright, festive, and usually a little out-of-your-comfort-zone, makeup. During the summer months I pretty much stick to the same peachy-pink lippy but come the winter I love trying new colours, and my most recent favourite is a red lip.

For me, the three products I’ve found to be perfect for creating an intense rouge lip are from MUA; the intense colour lip liner in Red Drama, the Lip Boom lipstick Bring It and the High Intensity Gloss in Pucker Up. Firstly, line your lips with the liner as well as filling them in completely for a super matte base that will not budge. Next, apply the lipstick over the top; you could leave it here but I like to slick on a layer of the (super pigmented!!) lip-gloss to finish. This combo just works so well together and lasts for hours on the lips as all of the products are highly pigmented and have great staying power. At just £6 for all three products I think it’s the perfect way to add a little festive touch to your look without spending too many pennies.
What's your go-to red lip combo?

4 comments:

Katie said...

Love that colour Katie. x

Katie Loves | UK Fashion & Beauty Blog

Katie said...

Thanks sweet! x

Kayspray said...

Not sure if I could pull of such a bright red but you really can! Looks great :)

Oh Hey Kayspray! xx

Hannah McGarry said...

That lipstick is exactly what I'm looking for the season!!

Hi, I'm hannah...
I'm almost at 2000 views after a few months of blogging and i'm doing a blog giveaway on my latest post.
There's a small easy and free competition to win a little mixed hamper!
Can you help me spread the word please! Anyone who see's this is welcome to join in in the chance to win a mix of goodies!!
Anyone who see's this can give me a follow and enter the competition! Thank you to anyone who helps me out and gets involved!

thegirlwhobakes-andmore.blogspot.co.uk

Thanks! And good luck! <3 xxx