Monday, 6 January 2014

2013 Beauty Favourites

 

Hi lovelies, it feels like forever since I’ve written a beauty post so today I thought I’d share my most loved makeup, skincare and haircare products from 2013. I didn’t want this to be too much of a lengthy post so some of the products mentioned will have a link to full reviews I've done if you want to find out more about them.
Skincare
As I’ve said before, I’m not one for switching up my skincare routine too often and if I find something that works, I tend to stick to it. I definitely haven’t found the perfect cleansing routine, and more often than not find myself reaching for my ‘Simple’ face wipes, oops. I have, however, found some products that I absolutely don’t know what I’d do without. The Origins Super Spot Remover is the first to spring to mind; this stuff is just incredible and zaps away spots overnight. The Body Shop Seaweed Exfoliator is another well-loved product and does a fantastic job of reviving my skin and leaving it feeling fresh. When it comes to masks, the Origins Clear Improvement mask has been my most reached for. I really do feel like it just de-clogs my skin and draws out all the nasties lurking under the surface. The Body Shop Vitamin E Eye Cream has been a standout product for me in the last few months as it’s just so creamy and moisturising and affordable. For body moisturiser, my favourite has been the Nivea In-Shower Moisturiser as it’s super convenient and leaves my skin feeling lovely and soft. Last in my skincare favourites are the Nivea Lip Butters; they feel buttery soft on the lips and I love the packaging.
Makeup
Makeup is definitely the thing I experimented with most throughout the year but there have been some staple products I always find myself reaching for. The Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer is without a doubt my most favourite makeup product, probably ever. If you suffer with dark circles like myself, it’s a godsend. I love the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder for keeping makeup in place and my oily skin at bay. As it has been for the last few years, Benefit’s Hoola Bronzer is my go-to bronzer. The shade is perfect for contouring or to swish all over for a bronzed glow. I tend to change the blusher I use daily but if there’s one I find myself going back to, it’s Benefit’s Coralista. As the name would suggest, it’s a beautiful peachy, coral shade with gold shimmer running through and adds warmth and a bit of glow to the cheeks. For mascara, as much as I love the Lancôme Hypnose Drama, the one I used & loved for the majority of 2013 was Rimmel The Falsies. It adds almost as much length and volume to the lashes as the Lancôme one but for about half the price which is why I think I’ve favoured it. Eyeshadow and lipstick are two things I can’t pick favourites for, although in general Sleek & MUA are fantastic for both. Lastly, my favourite eyeliner has to be the Fashionista Gel Liner; it’s really easy to apply and stays put for hours, plus at £1.50 it’s an absolute bargain.
Haircare
My favourite shampoo and conditioner has been the Tresemme Colour Revitalise range as I find they leave my hair feeling softer than any others I’ve tried plus the big bottles literally last me for months so they’re fantastic value for money. My Tangle Teezer is a tool I use daily; it just makes the process of brushing hair feel much less of a chore. I
it. For those days in between hair washes, my TRESemme Dry Shampoo is a saviour product; it does a great job of banishing greasy locks without leaving white marks and is volumising too. Lastly, the L’Oreal Mythic Oil has been my choice of hair oil for 2013 and I can definitely tell a difference when I’ve used it.
What are your 2013 beauty faves?

No comments: