Sunday, 26 January 2014

Garnier Moisture Match 'Shine Be Gone' Mattifying Fresh Cream Review






Any product with the word ‘mattifying’ in it immediately has my attention, so when I spotted this Garnier moisturiser, it had to be mine. As an oily skin gal, I’ve struggled to make moisturiser a step in my everyday skincare routine. I didn't use one regularly for a long time, and it’s only been fairly recently that I’ve realised although my skin is very oily, it’s still important to keep it hydrated with a moisturiser.
The texture of this product is not really what I expected; although it looks creamy, it feels almost like a serum, it’s very lightweight and can feel a little greasy when applying (it doesn’t look at all greasy on the skin). It has quite a strong scent, which is not unpleasant but I’m not particularly keen on scented skincare and it’s also slightly green in colour. A great thing about this moisturiser is how fast it absorbs into the skin, leaving it with a velvety soft finish. The most disappointing thing is that it doesn’t keep my skin matte for very long at all, certainly not ‘all day long’ as stated on the product, and I’m still reaching for the powder after a couple of hours. It’s also a really tiny bottle and although you don’t need to use a lot, I can’t see this lasting very long. I’m not sure I’ll ever find a moisturiser that really keeps the oil at bay, but I’ve been enjoying using this one for now. It’s not ground-breaking in terms of dealing with oiliness but for £5.99  (currently £2.98 on the Superdrug website) it's a nice, affordable moisturiser.
Have you tried the Garnier Moisture Match range? Have you got any moisturiser recommendations for oily skin?

No comments: