Sunday, 12 January 2014

L'Oreal Colour Riche 'Opera Ballerina' Nail Varnish Review

 

Whilst browsing the beauty aisles in Boots, I spotted the L’Oreal Colour Riche nail varnish in ‘Opera Ballerina’ and decided to give it a try. I’ve never tried any L’Oreal nail varnishes, or much of their makeup in general, but all the pretty neutrals caught my eye and I had to have one. This was one of the lightest shades in the range and although it might seem more of a summer shade, I personally just love this colour all year round. It’s a cute milky pink shade, which looks a bit white in some lights and it took three coats to get a solid colour (it’s still not completely opaque).
I didn’t find the application a great experience as the brush is very rounded and fairly small and the consistency of the product itself was quite runny. Having said that, it did dry quite quickly and seems to lasting pretty well on my nails without chipping. I think the bottle is pretty although it’s tiny and for £4.99 I would expect to get a little more as I can’t see it lasting me very long! I love the colour and know I’ll use it often but I don’t think I’ll be purchasing more of their polishes; I think it’d be worth spending a couple more pounds on an Essie one instead.
Have you tried the L'Oreal polishes?

1 comment:

Kat R said...

I blogged about the shade Beige Countess today! I was actually really pleased with it and definitely want to pick up more from the range, Opera Ballerina was one that I almost got too, it's lovely :-) xx

Kat from Blushing Rose Beauty