Tuesday, 21 January 2014

Top 5: For a Faux Glow

 Hi lovelies, today I thought I’d share my top 5 products for getting a gorgeous faux glow. Perhaps not the most season appropriate post, but who doesn’t love a year-round tan? Admittedly I get a little lazy come winter time and tend to neglect using fake tan on parts of my body that aren’t on show, but for my face and arms I have a few products that I reach for on a regular basis. Some I’ll use if I’ve got a special occasion planned and others just as a little pick-me-up.

The Clarins Liquid Bronze Self-Tanning Lotion is a product that works wonders for warming up my complexion and even-ing out my skin tone. Although your desired colour is buildable with this product, it’s not the best if you’re after a very deep, dark tan and instead is perfect for achieving a subtle, healthy glow. I apply mine at night and, depending on how much colour I want, I’ll either apply it with my fingers or a cotton pad as recommended. The cotton pad tends to soak up quite a bit of the product so if I want a little more colour I’ll use my fingers to apply it; it’s really easy and I’ve never had any streaky disasters. The consistency is quite thin and milky, it doesn’t have an unpleasant smell and a little really goes a long way. I use mine once a week, sometimes more, and I’m only just coming to the end of the bottle… seeing as I got it last Christmas I’d say that’s pretty amazing and definitely worth the £18.00 price tag.
 
If I haven’t used the Clarins face tanner and want to bronze up my complexion, a product I’ll always reach for is Benefit’s Hoola Bronzer. I’ve repurchased this a few times now and it’s an absolute staple in my makeup bag. It’s the perfect matte shade for using as a contour or to swish all over the face for instant sun-kissed looking skin. Similarly, the Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder is great if I’m feeling a bit pale and want to add some warmth to my skin. The shade I have is more of a terracotta colour so it works well as an all-over product and not so much for contouring.

For bronzing my body I have a couple of current favourites. If I’m being organised I’ll exfoliate, moisturise and apply a couple of layers of the dark St. Moriz Instant Self Tanning Mousse. I think this stuff is incredible for only £4.99! The colour it gives is the most natural out of any others I’ve tried and it’s easily buildable. Using a mitt to apply the mousse is essential and makes the application super quick and easy. If I’m being very lazy or if it’s a last minute thing and I need to bronze up fast, my most recent go-to product is the St. Tropez Instant Tan Lotion. I wouldn’t use this on my face but it works wonderfully for my body as a quick-fix. It has a real velvety consistency and blends into the skin well to give a golden glow. Again, I like to use a mitt to apply it as it’s the most convenient way and makes the process really quick.

What are your favourite products for a faux glow?
 

1 comment:

Natalia K said...

Hoola is a staple in my makeup bag too :) x