Friday, 28 February 2014

Born Pretty Store Makeup Brush Review


I’ve been in need of some new makeup brushes for a while now so I couldn’t have been more pleased to receive the Born Pretty Store Kabuki* and Eye Shadow Brush* recently. On a day to day basis I tend to stick to the same Real Techniques & MUA brushes, so I’ve been enjoying trying something different for a change and so far I’m really impressed.
One brush that was missing completely from my collection was a Kabuki. To be honest I wasn’t really sure of their purpose or how to use it but since owning one I’ve found this brush to be perfect for applying my Clinique loose powder, which I’ve rediscovered lately! The first thing I noticed was just how silky soft this brush is; it feels so lovely and smooth on the skin which, for me, is one of the most important features. What makes it great for applying powder products and building up a full coverage is the brushes high density. I also find this perfect for buffing and blending in my base makeup to create a flawless finish. Those pesky loose hairs are yet to make an appearance and I’m hoping it’ll stay that way.
The second new addition to my collection is this flat eye shadow brush which is perfect for packing on shadow all over the lid. As most of my brushes are fluffy blending ones, I’ve constantly been reaching for this one to apply an all over base colour. Again, the bristles are really soft and I haven’t experienced any shedding with it as of yet. It’s a nice shape and the density of it means it gives a real pigmented finish.
Priced at under £3 each, I think these brushes are an absolute steal. Born Pretty Store have a huge range of single brushes and sets so I definitely recommend popping over to have a look. Whilst browsing the site, this floral print brush set caught my eye. It’s super pretty and so affordable! If you do head over to the website, be sure to take advantage of this 10% off code KPH10 to bag yourself even more of a bargain buy!
 

No comments: