Wednesday, 12 February 2014

FOTD + 'Born Pretty Store' Eyeshadow Palette Review


 
Products used:
Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer
MUA Pressed Powder
Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder
Laura Mercier Blusher ‘Lush Nectarine’
Born Pretty Store Eyeshadow Palette
OCC Lip Tar
Maybelline The Falsies Waterproof Mascara
VIVO Medium Brown Eyeliner
Hi lovelies, I hope you’re all having a good week despite this horrid weather! Today I thought I’d do a Face of the Day post using a new product I recently received; the Born Pretty Store eyeshadow palette*. As a lover of neutrals, I was instantly drawn to this palette. It contains five gorgeous, shimmery shades which are perfect for creating a dramatic smokey eye or wearable day-time look. I decided to go for more of a subtle smokey eye by using the white in the inner corners and the brow bone, the golden shades all over the lid and the grey/taupe in the outer corners. I used the black as an eyeliner but it could be used over the grey shade to darken it up. I love the warm, bronzy/copper colours and think they’ll look really pretty in summer, especially as they fit in perfectly with the SS gold makeup trend.
 
In terms of application, all the shades applied and blended together really nicely, although there was some fall-out so I would recommend applying your eye makeup before your base for ease. The pigmentation is good; it’s not amazing when compared to something like Sleek, but for around just £2.20, you can’t complain. The packaging is simple, sturdy and great for carrying on-the-go as it contains a handy mirror. I’m really impressed with this little selection of eyeshadows and would definitely consider trying some of their other beauty products. I’ve currently got my eye on their Sweet Colour varnishes, which look so pretty!
 
If you spot something you love on their website, Born Pretty Store are offering 10% off any purchase using the code KPH10 as well as free shipping- perfect for those of you on a budget!
 
http://www.bornprettystore.com/

2 comments:

Anna Nuttall said...

Hi katie, you are particular glowing in the photos - look lovely.

http://www.annanuttall.com/

Katie said...

Thank you! :)