Sunday, 16 February 2014

VO5 Hair Care Review

 
Whilst rummaging through my hair care draw the other day, it occurred to me that I have built up a little collection of VO5 hair care products. I have fairly thick hair which tends to get weighed down, leaving it flat and lifeless. As I like a bit of volume in my tresses, I’m always searching for some products to help me achieve just that. I’ve never spent a lot on high-end hair products, as much as I’d like to, as I just can’t justify it with my student budget. Having said that, I’ve actually been really impressed with some of the VO5 products I’ve tried and haven’t wanted to venture into the land of luxury hair care for a while.
I currently have the Volume Boost Gel Spray, Dry Texturizing Spray, Plump it up Mousse and Give Me Texture Instant Oomph Powder. My favourite product and one I use most regularly is the gel spray. After every hair wash I tilt my head and spritz a generous amount all over my hair. I recommend blow drying your hair with your head tilted too for maximum root boost. The oomph powder is something I tend to use before a night out or special occasion. I use it by sectioning my hair and dusting a little on each section and then working it in with my fingers. It gives quite a matte, textured feel to the hair making it easy to get some volume at the roots…especially if you’re not afraid of backcombing. I don’t use the mousse or texturizing spray on a regular basis and I don’t think I’ll repurchase either of them as I haven’t noticed amazing results. The mousse does stop my hair being completely flat by adding a bit of volume, but there are probably better ones available. I do like the fact it protects against heat though. I don’t really know how to use the texturizing spray and usually just end up spraying it through the ends of my hair when I can’t be bothered to style it. It gives a little bit of shape but nothing overly noticeable.
One thing I like about all the products is the smell; I like to use nicely scented products on my hair and these definitely tick that box for me. They’re also really affordable for around £3-£5. I’ve got my eye on the Plump it up Dry Backcomb Spray at the moment; the damage backcombing does makes me cringe so this backcomb in a bottle sounds perfect.

Have you tried any VO5 products?

No comments: