Friday, 7 March 2014

Hairy Jayne Hair Care


Hello lovelies! I hope you’ve all had a good week so far and looking forward to the weekend. The promise of some lovely sunshine on Sunday has kept me going this week. Today I wanted to share with you a recent discovery of mine which I am super excited about; the lovely handmade Hairy Jayne Hair Care products. Since having quite a bit chopped off my hair back in December (check out before & after snaps here), I’ve been determined to keep my hair in better condition. Despite my best attempts, I’ve still been suffering with dry ends and a really dry scalp for the past month or so, so being introduced to the Hairy Jayne Hair Care range recently was like a little godsend.

For the past couple of weeks I’ve been testing out the Pre-Shampoo Treatment Oil* and the Treatment Conditioner* which are both jam-packed with gorgeous ingredients. The treatment conditioner is lovely and has really helped to pack some moisture back into my hair. I’ve used it as a conditioner after shampooing but I’ve found the most effective way to use it is as a treatment. I smother this through the ends of my hair and leave it on for about 30 minutes before shampooing and my hair feels instantly softer. Consistency wise, the product is quite thick so you don’t need to use much at all… a little certainly goes a long way. The ingredients list is also very appealing and includes hydrating silk, nourishing olive oil and moisturising honey as well as containing strengthening properties. The only minor downside to this product is the packaging as the paper label goes soggy and falls apart in the shower.
 
As much as I love the conditioner, I have to admit that my favourite out of the two is definitely the treatment oil. This little gem of a product has really helped to relieve the dryness and irritation of my scalp and I’ve seen such an improvement since using it. I adore that it’s a multi-purpose product and can be used on the scalp before shampooing, left in overnight, as a treatment for dry ends or as a leave-in oil on ends when styling. Personally, I’ve had the best results from using it as an overnight treatment. It hasn’t completely cured my dry scalp, but it’s certainly helped a lot. It also makes my hair so soft. 
 
If you hadn’t guessed already, I’m so impressed with both of these products and can’t wait to try more (I’ve been eyeing up the hair perfumes which I think I’ll order next!) I love that they’re handmade with natural ingredients and it seems like a lot of thought has gone into the range, plus they’re really affordable. Whilst browsing the site to find out more about the brand, I spotted this hair care tips blog post which I found interesting and thought you might enjoy having a read too.

Let me know if you try any products from the Hairy Jayne range, I can’t recommend them enough.

No comments: