Wednesday, 30 April 2014

Korres Oily Skin Cleansing Gel Review

 
I picked up this Korres cleansing gel in Waitrose after reading the product description and deciding I couldn’t leave without it. I was quite surprised to find that there were hardly any reviews of this product online so I wasn’t really sure what to expect, but I was still keen to try something from their natural skincare line. I love the brand as they aim to develop natural formulations using no nasties just lovely ingredients, and it was the key ingredients of their Cleansing Gel which made me pop it in my basket without hesitation: ‘peeling Salicylic acid combined with Orange and Lemon extracts helps clean pores deeply, removing dead skin cells. Mild antiseptic Sage reduces skin imperfections, while the tannins of astringent Hamamelis tighten the pores, regulating sebum secretion and excess oiliness. Soothing Aloe moisturises skin and relieves irritation’.
Korres describe their Sage and Salicylic Acid Cleansing Gel as a ‘deep, purifying cleansing that removes traces of dirt, residue and oil without leaving skin feeling dry or tight and ideal for everyday use on face and body’. I’ve personally only used this on my face but I’ve read that it can be really effective for back acne which is something I have suffered with in the past. I’ve been using this almost every day for around 2 months now and I’m super pleased that I have actually noticed a difference in the oiliness of my skin. It hasn’t completely stopped it and I still have to powder throughout the day, but it certainly seems to be controlling it more.
As well as controlling oiliness and breakouts, the most immediate noticeable difference since using this product is the softness of my skin; I typically use it in the morning and it leaves my skin feeling really smooth and fresh which makes applying makeup a much easier process. I actually bought this when it was on offer but I would definitely pay the usual £13 for this as it will last for ages; it’s quite a runny consistency therefore you only need to use the tiniest amount. I am really enjoying using this product and will definitely be repurchasing in the future.
Have you tried any Korres skincare?

No comments: