Monday, 28 April 2014

Top 5: Spring Lipstick Picks

I’m not a huge lover of bright lipsticks and throughout the year I tend to stick to nudes, rosy pinks and peachy hues. Having said that, when spring arrives I absolutely love digging out my orange and coral lippies as I think they’re a gorgeous summer appropriate alternative to the red lip. I have a few firm favourites which are well-loved throughout the warmer months so I thought I’d share my top five.

1. Revlon Lip Butter in ‘Tutti Frutti’: This is definitely my lipstick of choice when it comes to wanting a true orange shade. I absolutely love the creamy formula and how easy it is to apply without looking super glossy when it’s on. It’s also surprisingly long lasting and feels lovely and moisturising on the lips.

2. OCC Lip Tar in ‘Annika’: This is not the easiest product to apply, but the pigmentation is absolutely amazing and lasts for hours. I adore the peachy coral shade of this and although it looks like it would be subtle, it’s actually quite noticeable on.

3. Rimmel Apocalips in ‘Luna’: I only noticed how similar this shade is to the MUA one whilst I was swatching them together. Again, I love that this is not at all drying on the lips and is so quick and easy to apply. It has more of a glossy finish than the others but looks more like a creamy lipstick than a shiny gloss.

4. StarGazer Matte Lipstick in 206: This product was a super cheap purchase from IMATS last year but the vibrant orange colour caught my eye. It’s a little harder to wear because of the matte formula and it has slightly more red tones in it than I would prefer, but it’s still one I reach for often.

5. MUA Lipstick Shade 16: This is one of my favourites as, like many MUA products, it’s so pigmented yet so affordable. I love the coral shade and the lovely velvety consistency, plus I’m not worried about throwing it in my clutch on a night out.

What do you think of my spring lipstick picks?

No comments: