Saturday, 24 May 2014

Revlon Colourstay Oily/Combination Foundation Review


I’ve never been a regular foundation wearer and typically only dig it out for nights out and special occasions. Having said that, as I’ve recently started a new full-time job, I’ve noticed myself reaching for it more in the mornings to mask the tiredness and give my skin a little more life. As much as I would love a good quality, higher-end foundation, I never seem to find the right time to go along and get colour matched, so I’ve always stuck with the high street alternatives. Having very oily skin means I’m also really wary about foundation so I’m always quite reluctant to splash out on an expensive one just to find it sliding down my face by midday.

After a little bit of research online I decided to try the Revlon Colourstay foundation for oily/ combination skin. I was really impressed that they had two different formulas to cater for different skin types. I wasn’t so impressed with the colour range, but many swatches later I ended up going for ‘340 Early Tan’ which looks quite dark in the bottle but is actually a pretty good match for me. So, what are my thoughts? I think this foundation is great. It’s super long-lasting on the skin and really controls the oiliness too; I haven’t experienced it going patchy or greasy at all, which for me is the most important thing as I want it to last all day at work.
 
I find the coverage of this foundation pretty much perfect; I would say it’s medium coverage but definitely buildable to a high coverage. I tend to just put a light layer on to cover any redness, blemishes and even out the overall skin tone. The formula is quite thick but I don’t find it difficult to work into the skin and it doesn’t feel at all heavy on the skin which is great. Finally, I love the matte finish that it gives and would 100% recommend it to any oily skin gals. The only slight downside to this product is the packaging; I’m not too keen on the glass bottle as it's difficult to get the product out and not great for travelling either. It’s a little on the pricier side at £12.49 but I think it’s worth it and will definitely be repurchasing.

Have you tried the Revlon Colourstay Foundation?

1 comment:

Emma Matthews said...

Lovely review!

Emma x
http://www.beautyandrags.co.uk