Saturday, 13 September 2014

Dry Skin Saviour: A Passion for Natural Aloe Vera Lotion

I’ve always suffered with extremely dry skin on my legs and although I know how important it is, I’m the worst at making the effort to moisturise my skin daily. I’ll often get very itchy, dry patches on my legs which end up being sore and not at all attractive. With the colder months approaching I’ve been determined to make more of an effort to use lovely nourishing products which will ensure my skin stays hydrated and moisturised throughout the winter.
For the past couple of weeks I’ve been using the A Passion for Natural Aloe Vera Lotion* which is 100% organic and designed to soothe dry skin. Amongst lots of lovely hydrating ingredients, the lotion has also been developed with natural Betaine and organic Shea Butter which it claims can help reduce the appearance of wrinkles. Although I haven’t been using this product long enough to see dramatic results, I’ve certainly noticed the benefits of using Aloe Vera on my skin. The lotion instantly calms the irritated skin on my legs and keeps it moisturised throughout the day. I also really like that this product is natural and unscented because as much as I love a yummy smelling body butter, I’m always a little concerned that they’re going to irritate my skin even more.
The consistency of this lotion is fairly thick when first applied but when massaged in it thins out and is absorbed into the skin quickly. I find this super convenient in the mornings as the last thing I want to do is hang around waiting for my moisturiser to sink in before I can get dressed. It’s not a creamy, rich lotion and doesn’t feel particularly luxurious but for dry skin sufferers, it’s a great little product. If you’re looking for a skincare saviour ready for the cold months, I recommend getting your hands on this Aloe Vera lotion which you can pick up for £6.99 at Boots.
What are your dry skin saviours?

1 comment:

Natalie Morgan said...

I am exactly the same at moisturising, such a chore! Love love love aloe vera for re-hydrating in sun burn situations so will definitely try this daily. Thanks for sharing!
natalie @ nlmorgan.com