Saturday, 20 September 2014

Susie Watson Designs Come to Cambridge

If you’re a regular reader of my blog, you’ll know I absolutely adore cute homeware stores and could spend hours in them, so you can imagine my excitement when I was invited to attend the press launch of the Susie Watson Designs Cambridge store. Nestled down the cobbled backstreet of Green Street, Susie Watson Designs really is a wonderful addition to the streets of Cambridge.
I’m always looking out for homeware inspiration and I couldn’t have been more inspired as I stepped through the beautiful doors of SWD’s. I instantly fell in love with the dreamy bedding, floral cushion designs, hand painted accessories and pastel pottery. I love that the pieces have a beautiful vintage feel to them yet could be incorporated into any style of home. All of their products are handmade and are based on traditional studio methods which makes them unique and charming. The colours were something that really stood out to me as they’re exactly what I gravitate towards when I’m in a homeware shop; lots of blush pink, duck egg blue, olive green and cream hues. Whilst I was chatting to the lovely Susie, she explained how cream/ white paint can often make a room feel very cold yet a gorgeous pale green shade will match almost anything and have that shabby chic style whilst still feeling cosy.
It was great to chat to Susie about interior design and have the chance to pick up lots of tips. I was particular pleased to hear how Susie visits the family-run factories where her designs are made numerous times a year and has a very close relationship with everyone who works there. They have even created two wonderful videos about how their pottery is made in Sri Lanka and where their textiles are made in Southern India which you can view here and here. There’s also a great feature on the SWD’s website where Susie shares her inspirational ideas to achieve different looks throughout the home.
Although Cambridge is their most recent store, you can also find SWD shops in Salcombe, Chichester, Marlow, Tunbridge Wells, Marlborough, Alresford and I definitely recommend a visit! It was lovely to meet lots of new bloggers at the launch and catch up with the lovely Cambridge Style Week ladies. We were even treated to a gorgeous mug of our choice; I went for the pretty honey bees one which you can see pictured below.
 

1 comment:

Shannon P said...

Love the teapot set! so cute x

www.lifeinthefashionlanee.blogspot.co.uk