Saturday, 20 December 2014

Winter Lip Balm Picks

Now that the colder months have arrived, and as I regularly suffer with dry lips, I like to be prepared when it comes to lip care products. For those of you looking for some inspiration, here’s a little round-up of my top five lip balm picks and why I think they’re so great.
The Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream is the first to spring to mind when I think of amazing lip care products. I don’t tend to use it during the day as I’m not a huge fan of the glossy appearance but it works absolute wonders as an over-night intensive treatment. If I’m ever suffering with extremely chapped lips, I’ll always turn to this saviour product and the next morning I can guarantee they’ll feel soft and hydrated. It’s also an amazing cream for any dry skin areas and is a real multi-purpose product… well worth the investment!
The Korres Lip Butters are just beautiful and really do feel buttery soft when applied. The Jasmine one gives a lovely pale pink tint to the lips and feels really luxurious; I want to get my hands on the Guava one too. More recently I’ve been reaching for the Passion for Natural Aloe Vera Lip Butter* which is a lovely creamy balm made with natural, hydrating ingredients. It does a great job of keeping my lips moisturised throughout the day without having to be reapplied too many times. It’s not the prettiest of products but it’s a truly nourishing lip balm for those of you suffering with dry or chapped lips.
The Bee Good Vanilla and Honey Lip Balm is another recent discovery of mine and one that’s quickly become a favourite. Firstly, how adorable is the packaging? I like that it’s in a tube too as it feels more hygienic. This moisturising balm is made with British Beeswax, British Wild Flower Honey and Vitamin E, and repairs and conditions dry lips. My final favourite is the Nivea Lip Butter which, if you’re on a budget, is a great alternative to the Korres Lip Butter. The consistency is quite thick and super creamy which works to soothe dry, chapped lips (FYI the Raspberry one smells delicious).
What are your favourite moisturising lip products?

No comments: