Saturday, 21 February 2015

L'Oreal L'Extraordinaire Liquid Lipstick 'Nude Ballet'

After having a little make-up clear-out recently, I realised that my nude lipstick collection had been gradually declining and a lot of my old favourites had been neglected. Having decided that I was definitely not going to wear the likes of Gosh 'Darling' ever again, I went in search of a new wearable nude. After swatching a couple of shades from different brands, I decided to purchase the L'Oreal L'Extraordinaire Liquid Lipstick in 'Nude Ballet'. 

Not being a huge lipgloss fan, I was a bit dubious as to how much I would actually use this product. Having said that, I find nude lip shades tend to be more flattering when they've got a bit of a sheen to them rather than a matte formula (lipstick which could be mistaken for foundation is never a good look) and I've been pleasantly surprised by this one. 

It's pigmented like a lipstick, has the appearance of a gloss and, my favourite part, the softness of a balm. I love that it doesn't feel sticky on the lips, just velvety soft and super nourishing to wear. I would describe this particular shade as a browny-nude which isn't too pale and perfect for everyday wear. I will definitely be picking up more shades for Spring. 

1 comment:

rebecca payne said...

I have been trying to find a really nice nude lipstick for ages! and this one looks really nice, thanks for sharing

Becca x

beccasbeautyandbits.blogspot.co.uk